Pages in this section
- What is Osteoporosis?
- Osteoporosis leads to Fractures
- Am I at risk of developing Osteoporosis?
- Calcium, Vitamin D & the endocrine glands
- Other Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
- How is Osteoporosis diagnosed?
- How do you treat Osteoporosis?
- Reducing the Risk of Falls
- Lifestyle & Dietary Measures
- Medications to treat or prevent Osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis Info Sheet
The treatment of Osteoporosis has seen recent major advancements.
These have mainly been in the medications available that strengthen bone and subsequently reduce the risk of fracture.
However, the comprehensive management of Osteoporosis also includes lifestyle interventions, as well as interventions to reduce the risk of falling, which to some degree has been forgotten in this era of new medical options.